Banked or exchange water with an outside agency is typically governed by two contracts: (1) a transfer agreement between CCWA and the outside agency and (2) a transfer letter agreement between CCWA/SBCFCWCD, Groundwater Bank/Transfer Partner and DWR SWPAO. As a signatory to the contracts, CCWA will confirm compliance with the transfer requirements of the both contracts. The procedure for requesting a return of banked or exchanged water from outside agencies is as follows:
- A CCWA Participant makes a request to return water to CCWA using the Banked/Exchange Water Return Request Form.
- CCWA will respond by advising all other Participants involved with the particular bank/transfer contract of the request to return water. CCWA will provide a deadline to the other Participants for adding their request to return water.
- CCWA will make informal request to the outside agency to return water. Following the response from the outside agency, CCWA will advise Participants of total volume to be returned. The volume of returned water will be proportioned as follows:For the first return request for the particular transfer agreement, the volume of returned water will be proportioned according to amount of initial contribution to the original water bank or exchange.For second and subsequent return request for the particular transfer agreement, the volume of returned water will be proportioned according to amount of water remaining in the water bank or exchange.
- If Participants are in agreement with the terms of the returned water, CCWA staff will prepare a letter to formally request the return of banked or exchanged water.
- CCWA staff work with the outside agency to schedule delivery with DWR, as specified in the transfer agreement. CCWA will confirm that the transfer has been consummated through review of the monthly DWR Monthly Water Delivery Status Report. Once confirmed, the CCWA Delivery Status Report will be updated. All updates to the CCWA Delivery Status Report will require two CCWA staff: one staff to update the report and a second staff for quality control review.