Skip to main content


It is the policy of CCWA that the selection of consultants, contractors and vendors to provide services shall be on the basis of demonstrated competence and on the professional qualifications necessary for the satisfactory performance of the services required.

When an outside entity performs work for, or uses CCWA facilities, CCWA requires a written agreement with that entity, which will include the following:

  • Hold harmless and indemnification provisions.

CCWA will require the following insurance documents from the outside entity prior to commencing work:

  • Certificate of insurance
  • Additional insured endorsement for general liability insurance

CCWA insurance requirements for contractors include a minimum requirement for $1,000,000 general liability insurance. There may be special circumstances where the minimum insurance requirements are not appropriate and a higher limit may be in order, as well as additional insurance requirements for automobile, workers compensation and professional liability. For example, when DWR facilities are going to be involved, the general liability limit is increased to $2,000,000.

For more information, please contact Lisa Watkins at 

Join our mailing list